Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

An Ode To George

George is the clerk to the president of the court that made the order preventing people from naming the child in the Italian c-sec/adoption case. And I called him today. All the way from Italy where I live.

In a state of full blown "disgusted from not exactly Tunbridge Wells"

I called him to report that John Hemming MP, right in front of me, posted the child's name (and her sisters' names) on mumsnet. Yup mumsnet. Only the biggest parenting website in Britian.

So there I was, with my illusions of superior political standards of conduct back home (when compared to Italy) lying in shards at my feet, waving screenshots at George (metaphorically speaking) over the phone.

Poor George. 

One flustered and rather squawky Italianised British woman in full flood of garble mode. Unsung hero who helps keeps the well oiled justice system moving did his stuff. Soothing and calming he helped me unjumble my tale of "hold the bugger accountable PLEASE! I want to report him. To Judge Munby ! I have "PROOF!"". Took all my details and said he'd call me back.

Reader, he did.

And he satisfied me. 

Greatly.

So George, a big fat smackeroonie of a kiss and a big, fat hug from Italy. Becuase while my illusions re British poltical standards of conduct are dented, my conviction that "British public servants do it better" remains as ever solid, solid as a rock.

George. I think I love you for that.

Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. And may Santa make your all your dreams come true.

Because today you went over and above the call of duty and made me all proud of my country. Which was no mean feat after a very trying few days of wondering how it all went to hell in a handbasket behind my back since I left.

(((((((((((George))))))))))))

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic article!! Thumbs up for your bravery!! You're my hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no earthly idea what you are talking about but good for you. And George too of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you. (loud clapping in the background)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails